I have made a request to the City of Ottawa for an information picket (protest type thingy) permit if you are interested in reading this.
Canadian After Foster Care Council
604-108 New Orchard Ave
August 01 2003 to August 31st 2003
24 hours, seven days per week
(At both ends due to the following circumstances)
During the various different times of day, such as morning, lunch, evening, and nights, there are specific traffic flows of pedestrian's who would benefit from this information picket at the two different locations.
I need to be able to adjust my position accordingly. So basically there are two spots. One spot at each end of the street.
One spot is at the East end of Telesat from The intersection of Meadowbrook and Telesat, up to the intersection of the CAS Driveway and Telesat just a bit west up Telesat on the "west" side or Left.
Second spot is at the West end of Telesat which is a Loop turn around point. That loop is surrounded by a walkway to Blair Station on the North arc of the loop, and a baseball park on the south side of the loop. I would like to position myself at the South Side of the Loop near the park or basically the whole "south side of the loop".
EXPECTED NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS:
I expect there to be between 1 and 10 participants at a time on site at all times.
DESCRIPTION OF INFORMATION PICKET:
The information picket which is located outside of the CAS and on Telesat court, is for the following reasons.
1. Disemination of information regarding CAS and Ministry Policies and Practices to educate the public and clients of their rights concerning CAS.
2. Collection of information from CAS clients and interested public in the form of interviews for FOSTER CARE RADIO which will be of their own initiative. (No verbal solicitation on my behalf until they ask first)
3. To collect a list of names / emails of clients who wish to take part in support groups for clients of CAS.
4. To hand out CD-ROM's of my own personal experience's, interviews with CBC Radio, and my own Documentary on my life in foster care.
5. To assist anyone who needs an advocate with CAS should they request it of me I will make myself available to them by being at this location.
I will be on location as the person responsible for the site and can be reached at the information at the top of this request.
Leave Voice Messages with Sue Clark if you do not reach me.
Ontario Advocate Larabee Raising Issues From Foster Care - An Ontario Advocate and Survivor of abuse and neglect in foster care requested I post the following links however I also wanted to post a link to Larabee's...
4 years ago